The One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme 2021 has been launched by the Government of Assam. In this scheme, the State Govt. Will provide a one-time grant of Rs. 50,000 journalists who have no connection with any political party. Only those journalists who have published or broadcast at least three success stories of government schemes in the last 12 months. The One Time Grant Scheme for Media Personality will come into force with immediate effect and will be an annual affair.
One Time Grant for Media Personality Plan 2021 – Full Details
As per the official guidelines of the Assam One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme, every journalist has to pay Rs. 50,000 annually. The main objective is to encourage journalists to be impartial, truthful and not a puppet of any particular party. In this article, we will tell you about the eligibility criteria and full details about the scheme.
Objectives of One Time Grant for Media Personality Plan
The purpose of assistance is to support journalists in pursuit of their outstanding achievements and in their time of need. The main objectives of the One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme are as follows: –
- To maintain the dignity of media persons.
- To inspire and motivate media persons in the field of journalism.
For the eligibility criteria, Rs. 50,000 scheme for journalists in Assam
Here are the eligibility criteria to become eligible for one time grant for Medial Personality Scheme: –
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- Applicant should be a recognized / recognized journalist of Assam.
- It is open to all mainstream media journalists who have recognized / recognized cards of DIPR, Assam including freelancers from print, electronic and news agencies.
- The minimum age of a journalist should be 40 years. There is no upper limit.
- The applicant should have at least fifteen years of experience in the field of journalism.
- Journalists / journalists have to submit 3 pieces in print and electronic media. Research based news / reporting / features / video / documentary. They should have a minimum of 3 nos. During the last 12 months ‘success stories’ of government schemes were published / circulated in their respective media outlets.
- Photo Journalists / Video Journalists in print and electronic media are required to submit a minimum of 3 nos. Still photographs or videos of accurate or comprehensive presentation / coverage of certain topics / events / events during the last 12 months that are effective and profitable for people in terms of development, unity and integrity.
- Permanent / temporary / contractual employees of any government / quasi government / autonomous body / board / corporation / council, etc. are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant’s affiliation with any political party will be disqualified.
- The applicant should not be convicted of any criminal offense or punished by any law court or reprimanded by Press Council of India for wrongful conduct of the ethics of journalism or for any other reason.
- The annual income of the applicant should be less than 5.00 lakhs. The income certificate must be attached to the application in the original certificate issued by the concerned Circle Officer.
- An applicant who is once selected for this assistance will not be eligible to apply for this assistance again.
- Journalist pension holder is not eligible to apply.
- Canvassing for a grant in any form will disqualify. Any body, which may promote in its favor, shall be set aside from consideration for grant.
pay attention – Further, the applicant should not be convicted for any criminal offense or for misconduct or violation of the ethics of journalism or has been reprimanded by the Press Council of India.
One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme Application Form PDF
Here is a direct link to download the One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme Application Form PDF – https://dipr.assam.gov.in/sites/default/files/swf_utility_folder/departments/dipr_webcomindia_org_oid_4/portlet/level_2/guideline_of_one_time_grant_for_media_personality.pdfality.pdf
One time grant for Media Personality Scheme Application Form PDF is shown below: –
Applicant has to fill the prescribed application form. An incomplete application or an application without the requisite components mentioned in the application guidelines will not be considered.
Assam Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes in Assam:Assam Voter List / ID Card DownloadAponar Apun Ghar SchemeAssam Atal Amrit Abhiyan
Submission of one time grant registration form for media personality scheme
Application should reach Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Last Gate, Dispur, Guwahati-781006 within the stipulated date which will be published through advertisement. Three sets of duly filled application forms (Schedule-I) have to be submitted by each applicant.
The envelope should be super-screened because ‘Application for one time grant for media personality. Failure to attach any document / item mentioned below or submission of any invalid document may result in rejection of the application. The applicant has to submit the following along with two sets of applications:
- Applicant’s short syllabus.
- History of education and employment.
- Self-attested testimonials / certificates in support of educational and professional qualifications.
- Recent passport size color photographs, one should be pasted in two application forms.
- In print and electronic media, the reporter / journalists should provide 3 copies of the same. Research based news / reporting / features / video / documentary. They should have a minimum of 3 nos. During the last 12 months ‘success stories’ of government schemes were published / circulated in their respective media outlets. All samples must be submitted with two sets of applications, 2 copies each.
- Photo Journalists / Video Journalists in print and electronic media are required to submit a minimum of 3 nos. Still photographs or videos of accurate or comprehensive presentation / coverage of certain topics / events / events during the last 12 months that are effective and profitable for people in terms of development, unity and integrity. All samples must be submitted with two sets of applications, 2 copies each.
- Photocopy of identity card issued by Media House and DIPR, Assam.
- In the case of a freelancer, he has to provide supporting documents as proof of his articles / news / reports etc. published in newspapers / magazines etc.
Selection Criteria and Procedure
Applications received for assistance will be processed by the Director, Information and Public Relations, Assam and placed before the Selection Committee. A high-level selection committee consisting of prominent journalists, and senior government officials will review the application and select journalists from the pool of applicants.
It is not right to give financial assistance to any journalist. Assistance will be increased based on the satisfaction of the committee regarding the eligibility / merit of the cases. The selection committee has the right not to award any assistance if it does not meet the basic minimum standards in any given year.
The committee further reserves the right to reject or accept any application without assigning any reason. All decisions taken by the selection committee will be final and no appeal will be made. Successful applicant will be notified soon after selection. The successful applicant will submit the following:
- A copy of his PAN card.
- Canceled check of bank account in his name
Grants available under the scheme
In a year 20 persons get Rs. A grant of 50,000.00.
One time grant paid for media personality scheme
Payment will be made from the budgetary allocation earmarked for the ‘One Time Grant for Media Personality’ scheme during the financial year.
Key beneficiaries of One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme
All photo journalists and video journalists must submit at least three still photographs or videos of events or events during the past 12 months. Journalists must remain effective and profitable for the people in terms of development, unity and integrity. Earlier in the 2011 assembly elections, the then Congress government. Laptops were formally distributed to journalists under the leadership of CM Tarun Gogoi.
According to the guidelines issued by Pritam Saikia, Commissioner and Secretary, Department of Information and Public Relations, about 20 journalists will be selected every year. It is also clear that any journalist will be disqualified from candidature by granting canvassing grant or information.
Assam background Rs. 50,000 scheme for journalists
Journalists have always proved to be important in maintaining balance in society by acting as an intellectual conscience. Compared to the old days, the role of journalists has evolved manifold, bringing with them many challenges and making them even more responsible. With the generation of quick and continuous information at all times, journalists need to be careful in understanding its source and authenticity. They have to be extra vigilant in their line of duty when communicating or disseminating information to the general public.
The main objective of the One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme is to support journalists in pursuit of outstanding achievements. Apart from this, it is Rs. The 50,000 scheme for journalists in Assam will also support media personnel in their time of need. The primary objective is to maintain the dignity of media persons and to inspire and motivate media persons in the field of journalism. The official press release states that Rs. 50,000 for journalists will be made from the budgetary allocation allocated to the scheme during FY 2021.
Source / Reference Link: https://dipr.assam.gov.in/portlet-innerpage/one-time-grant-for-media/pityality