The Ministry of Communications, Central Government has launched the Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana (Scholarship for promotion of merit and research in stamps as a hobby) scholarship scheme across the country. This is an all India scholarship scheme for school children who are interested in postage stamps. Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana aims to increase access for postage stamps to school children.
Under the Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana, the Ministry of Communications has proposed to give annual scholarships to the children. Students of classes VI to IX will be covered under this scheme. However, the benefit of this scheme is available only to those students who have good academic records and who are pursuing Philately as a hobby. The scheme is being implemented by the Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications.
Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana 2021 – Complete Information
Under Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana, it is proposed to:-
- Provide 920 scholarships to students at All India level to pursue Philately as a hobby.
- Each postal circle will give a maximum of 40 scholarships to 10 students each of classes VI, VII, VIII and IX.
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed quarterly to the regular students studying in classes VI-IX in recognized schools.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who fulfill the eligibility condition and qualify in the selection process.
- The amount of the scholarship should be one lakh rupees. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
- The selection for the scholarship will be for one year and there will be no bar on the already selected student from applying for the scholarship for the next year provided he/she fulfills other criteria.
- Each potential school participating in the competition will be assigned a philatelist to be selected from a popular stamp list.
- Philately Mentor will help in the formation of school level Philately Clubs, provide guidance to young and aspiring Philatelists to pursue this hobby and also help on aspiring Philately projects etc.
- Candidate must be a student of a recognized school within India
- The concerned school must have a postage stamp club and the candidate must be a member of the club,
- If the School Philately Club has not been established, a student who has his/her own postage stamp deposit account may also be considered.
- Candidate should have good academic record. The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks or equivalent grade/grade marks in the recent final examination at the time of selection for the award of scholarship. There will be a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST.
- The selection under Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana will be done on the basis of evaluation of project work on postage stamps and performance in the postage stamp quiz organized by the circles.
- A committee constituted at circle level consisting of postal officers and eminent postage stamp list will evaluate the project work on the postage stamp submitted by the candidate.
- The list of subjects on which the project is to be made will be made available by the circles at the time of issuance of notification.
disbursement of scholarship
- The awardees will be asked to open a joint account with the parent in India Post Payment Bank or Post Office Savings Bank in a branch having core banking facility.
- Each Postal Circle will select the awardees and submit the list of beneficiaries to IPPB/POSB for payment of scholarship.
- IPPB/POSB will ensure that the scholarship is paid to the awardees on quarterly basis (Rs. 1500/- each quarter) after receiving the list from each circle.
Interested candidates can download the scheme guidelines by clicking on the link here. Download Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana Guidelines – https://www.indiapost.gov.in/Philately/DOP_PDFFiles/SPARSH%20.pdf
The information in the Guidelines PDF document is available in both English and Hindi languages
For more information, visit the official website https://www.indiapost.gov.in/Philately/Pages/Content/Deen-Dayal-SPARSH-Yojana.aspx