The Union Government has launched UMANG (Unified Mobile App for New-age Governance) to provide easy access to all government services. The app was launched by PM Modi in the fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyberspace in New Delhi. As of 1 June 2021, the UMANG application has more than 20880 services offered by 250 departments of the central and state government.
UMANG Mobile App is envisaged to make e-Governance ‘Mobile First’. This UMANG app is developed by Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) in collaboration with National e-Governance Division (NeGD). It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to provide access to all-India e-governance services on the app, web, SMS and IVR channels from central, state, local bodies and government agencies.
One UMANG app for multiple government services
According to the notification, the Umang app will provide a one-stop solution for easy access to all government services. Using the app, citizens can access every service from paying postpaid bills to booking a new gas cylinder. Interested candidates can download the app by visiting Google Play Store. This application can also be downloaded by giving a missed call or by sending SMS to 97183 – 97183. The Umang app is available for download for Android and iOS. Below is the instruction to download the app.
Download Umang App for Android and iOS
Follow the steps given below to download UMANG App:-
Phase 1: Go to the Google play store on your Android phone or go to URL https://play.google.com/store. Iphone users can go to the App Store https://www.apple.com/in/app-store/
step 2: Candidates can also visit the official website of Umang https://web.umang.gov.in/landing/ To download the app.
step 3: Search UMANG App on Google Play Store or Click https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.umang.negd.g2c&hl=en_US&gl=US. Search UMANG App on Apple App Store or Click Here https://apps.apple.com/in/app/umang/id1236448857
step 4: Now click “Install”.
Step 5: The app will be downloaded and installed on the phone.
Step 6: After installation, you need to register in UMANG app using mobile number. However, if the candidate wishes to register with Aadhaar number, the same mobile number registered on Aadhaar has to be used.
Step 7: After verifying the register mobile number, it will ask for the Aadhaar number. Linking Aadhaar with the app makes the job easier for the user as it automatically retrieves the details to the user.
Step 8 The candidate will have to set an MPIN the next time the app is accessed like other apps.
Step 9: This application can also be downloaded by giving a missed call to 97183 – 97183.
Also, whenever the candidate wants to change his/her mobile number or phone, he/she can log in to the app using his/her Aadhaar number which is the easiest way.
Key Features of Umang Mobile App
- Integrated Platform: It brings together all the government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to the citizens.
- Mobile first strategy: It aligns all government services with the Mobile First strategy to take advantage of mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It offers seamless integration with other Digital India services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker and PayGov. Any such new service will be automatically integrated with the platform.
- Similar Experiences: It is designed to enable citizens to easily find, download, access and access all government services.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. Sensitive profile data is saved in encrypted format and no one can see this information.
Benefits of Umang app for citizens
- Single-point omnidirectional access: All government services are available to citizens on an integrated platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app and web).
- more of less: Only one mobile app has to be installed instead of each app from each department.
- Facility: If more services are added to the platform, citizens need not reinstall or update the app to avail government services.
- Time and money saving: Citizens can avail these services anytime and anywhere through their mobile phones, desktops and laptops without the need to visit the office of the department and stand in queues.
- Similar Experience: All government services, including payment-based transactions, provide a secure and equal experience.
Major Government Services in UMANG App
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Government of India services – from healthcare, finance, education, housing, energy, agriculture, transport to even utilities and employment and skills. The following government services/facilities are being provided on UMANG App. The user can access the UMANG app in 12 regional languages with English as the default.
- Ayushman Bharat: User can avail cashless/paperless health insurance up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Service: Users can open Zero Balance Savings Bank Account.
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY): Users can take loan to start their own business.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY): Women users can apply for free LPG gas cylinder.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM): Users can participate in the national wise cleanliness drive i.e. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- PMKVY service: Here the user can apply for PMKVY and can also check the status of the application.
- Soil Health Card Service: SHC will help in collecting information for agriculture which will be more helpful for farmers in improving the yield of production.
- PMAY Urban Service: Here user can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Scheme.
- PMFBY Crop Insurance Service: Farmers will get information about natural calamities, hailstorms, droughts and floods etc. of their crops.
- ORS: Online Registration System (ORS) service provider to connect with various hospitals across the country.
- MoHUPA Service: The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation will also provide useful information related to urban poverty, housing and employment programmes.
- AICTE Service: Here users can also search for institutions and courses approved by AICTE.
- NCERT Services: Here users can see the class-wise and subject-wise material provided.
Apart from this, various services present on the app including DigiLocker, Aadhaar, Bharat Bill Payment, PAN Services, Rapid Assessment System etc. As previously discussed, there are currently over 20,880 services available on the app.
Central Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes in the Centre:Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021PM Housing Scheme Rural (PMAY-G) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
This app itself will allow the user to use every government service. Apart from this, the government is also considering to provide customer service every day between 8 am and 8 pm.