The Central Government is inviting the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme online application form 2021 at pmrf.in. With attractive fellowships, the scheme seeks to attract the best talent in research, thereby realizing the vision of development through innovation. Accordingly, interested candidates can apply online for the PM Research Fellowship through the official website. The PMRF scheme was announced earlier in the budget 2018-19.
The primary objective of the PM Research Fellowship Scheme is to promote research with a focus on national priorities. In addition, the government. Seeks to promote research in cutting-edge technologies and science areas. The PMRF scheme has been formulated to improve the quality of research in various higher educational institutions in the country. Institutions that can offer PMRF include all IITs, all IISERs, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and some top central universities / NITs that offer science and / or technology degrees.
The candidates will be selected through a rigorous selection process and their performance will be reviewed through a national conference.
PM Research Fellowship Scheme Online Application Form
The complete procedure to apply online for PMRF application form 2021 is given below: –
- First go to the official website pmrf.in
- Then on the homepage, click “apply online“The tab in the title.
- Click Next “Please click here to apply onlineThe link at the bottom of the page.
- Later, the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Online Application Form 2021 will appear as shown below: –
- Here candidates can fill all the required details correctly and upload supporting documents along with fee payment receipt.
- Finally, candidates can “click”Presented“Button to complete the PMRF application process.
- Apart from this, candidates can take a printout of the filled application form and keep it for any future reference.
List of documents for submission of PMRF application form
Candidates will have to upload the following documents to fill and finally submit the PMRF application form: –
- Recent passport size photo.
- Scanned copy of transcript / gradesheet / marksheet till the last full semester as PDF.
- Abstract (1000 words) as a PDF file.
- Relevant syllabus Vitae (CV) in PDF format.
- Submit SBI E-Receipt PDF file.
PM Research Fellowship Amount / PMRF Salary
For doing doctoral studies (PhD), candidates will get the following amount / salary: –
|academic year||Amount (per month)|
|First Year||Rupee. Rs 70,000|
|second year||Rupee. Rs 70,000|
|third year||Rupee. Rs 75,000|
|fourth year||Rupee. Rs 80,000|
|Fifth year||Rupee. Rs 80,000|
In addition, the government will also provide a grant of Rs. 2 lakhs per year to each partner (Total Rs. 10 Lakhs).
Tenure of Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship
The duration of the fellowship will be till the end of the fourth year of PhD for students from integrated courses and the 5th year of PhD for B.Tech. (Or equivalent) students. For students selected through the lateral admission channel, PMRF scholarships and obligations will only continue for the remainder of the student in the doctoral program. No retrospective payment will be made.
Central Government Schemes 2021 Central Government Scheme HindiPopular Schemes in Central:Prime Minister Housing Scheme 2021PM Housing Scheme (PMAY-G) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Industry involvement in the PMRF program will be explored through CSR funding otherwise the industry will be enabled to sponsor fellows.
PMRF Guidelines – Eligibility and Registration Process
Here are the complete PM Research Fellowship Scheme guidelines which include PMRF eligibility and registration process:
Direct entry channel for PMRF 2021
To apply for PMRF through this direct entry channel, each candidate has to fulfill the following eligibility criteria: –
- The applicant must satisfy one of the following criteria in the three years preceding the date of submission of the application form:
- Completed or pursued a final year of four (or five) years of graduation or a five-year integrated M.Tech. Or 2 years M.Sc. Or a five-year undergraduate postgraduate dual degree program in science and technology from IISc / IIT / NIT / IISERS / IIEST and centrally funded IIIT. These candidates should have a CGPA / CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10 point scale). For applicants in five-year integrated or dual degree programs, if separate CGPA / CPI is awarded for the UG and PG parts of the program, the CGPA / CPI (first four years) of the UG portion will be considered . or
- Completed or pursued a four (or five) year graduation or a final year of a five-year integrated M.Tech. OR Five Year Integrated M.Sc. Or 2 years M.Sc. Or five-year undergraduate post-graduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology from any other institute / university recognized in India are not included in 1 (a) above. These candidates should get minimum 8 CGPA or equivalent in addition to the minimum score of 650 in the respective GATE subject. or
- Have completed M.Tech./MS by doing research at one of the PMRF grant institutes with a minimum CGPA or minimum level of CPI of 8.0 (on a 10 point scale) at the end of the qualified GATE and first semester. Four courses. For those candidates who are applying after the first semester, the requirement of CGPA or CPI will be based on 8.0 all courses, laboratories, thesis that the candidate has completed.
- They apply for Ph.D. To be selected in the program and program in a PMRF grant granting institution.
- The PMRF grant granting institution, which provided the student with Ph.D. The program makes a strong recommendation, and uploads relevant information to the PMRF web-portal. The student can take admission only in the institutions where he / she has been selected and wants to take admission (ie, selection in one institute and getting PMRF from another institute, which will not support the student for PMRF).
- The metrics on which candidates will be judged include (but are not restricted to): research demonstrations, publications, international competitions (eg Math. Olympiad, ACM ICPC Programming Competition), grades, and performance in recommendation letters.
- Within 12–18 months of admission to the PhD program, the candidate’s progress will be reviewed by the PMRF panel, and the continuation of the PMRF will be subject to the candidate’s satisfactory performance. A strong research proposal is mandatory, and a clear assessment from the host institution in support of the continuation of the PMRF status. Appropriate weightage will be given for publication in reputed journals / conferences.
Lateral Entry Channel for PMRF Scheme 2021
To apply for PMRF through this lateral entry channel, the candidate has to fulfill all the following criteria: –
- The candidate should pursue a Ph.D. In one of the PMRF grant granting institutions. In addition, he must have completed a maximum of 12 months in the PhD program if he has joined the program with a master’s degree; And the PhD program must be completed in a maximum of 24 months if he / she has joined the PhD program with a bachelor’s degree. The relevant period of 12 months or 24 months will be counted from the date of admission to PhD program till the date of application for lateral admission. A candidate can be considered at most twice through the lateral entry channel PMRF. In the case of integrated M.Tech / MSc and PhD programs, the candidate will be eligible to apply within 12 months of the date of completion of the master’s degree requirement. Note: There is a one-time exemption for lateral entry eligibility, where candidates who have joined Ph.D. Programs during or after May 2019 are also eligible.
- The candidate must complete at least four courses in the PhD program, each of which must be a full-semester course, and achieve an overall CGPA of 8.5 (out of 10) or higher.
- The PMRF grant institute, in which the student is enrolled, makes a strong recommendation for the candidate and uploads the related information on the PMRF web-portal. It includes a research proposal and soft copies of publications (which may include those presenting).
- The candidate continues to work only in the host institution and transfer to any other PMRF eligible institution is not allowed. In addition, once enrolled in a PhD program through lateral entry, the candidate cannot be considered for a direct entry channel in the subsequent year.
- A strong research proposal, publication record and grades on which candidates will be judged include (but are not restricted to). Appropriate weightage should be given for publication in reputed journals / conferences.
PMRF grant agencies
The following institutions are PMRF grant institutions under the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme: –
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER Barhampur
- IISER Bhopal
- IISER Kolkata
- IISER Mohali
- IISER Pune
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER Tirupati
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jodhpur
- It Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Tirupati
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Delhi University
- University of Hyderabad
Delivered in Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme
- At the time of joining, each Fellow will be given deliverables to receive each year. This will be decided by the department joining the guide and partner.
- Deliverables are to be designed keeping in mind the topic chosen by the partner.
- The PMRF Fellow will have an annual review. Candidates will continue to receive fellowships in the following year, if their performance is found satisfactory by the Review Committee. The review will be a rigorous process, and can be done as a national convention (for each discipline). The Nodal Institute for Discipline may constitute a number of expert panels to evaluate the progress of PMRF fellows. Each such panel may consist of 3-4 members, with a maximum of 2 members from the host institution.
- Each partner is expected to teach once a week at the neighboring ITI / Polytechnic / Engineering College as per the government approved modalities.
- If deliverables are not received, the fellowship may be brought up to institutional fellowship level or discontinued.
PMRF application fee 2021
Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000 rupees as PMRF application fee through online mode to State Bank of India (SBI). Candidates can pay their fees on the SBI Collect page. Here the candidates have to accept the “Terms and Conditions” and then select the payment category as PMRF application fee 2021 and then make the required payment.
After successful payment, candidates can download the PDF file of the e-receipt along with the SBI Collect Reference Number. In addition, the candidates have to upload this SBI Collect E-Receipt PDF file and enter the SBI Collect Reference Number to complete the application process.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development is creating a dedicated ‘Research and Innovation Division’ to promote research in educational institutions across the country. The Division will be headed by a Director who will coordinate the research work of various institutes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Coordination Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016, INDIA
Read Frequently Asked Questions – pmrf.in/index.php/faq