The Government of Assam has launched the Moitri scheme for the overall development of Police Stations (Thana). Thereafter, the State Govt. It will help to rededicate the police force to the service of the people and will also create a human friendly environment with modern scientific humanitarian approach. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Assam Moitri Scheme for the Improvement of Local Police Station.
Assam Moitri Scheme 2021 Details
In the state of Assam, under a special citizen-friendly project, around 55 police stations in Assam have been renovated into grand buildings, with a small crche, separate women’s and teen corners, a lounge with comfortable sofas. Mission for Holistic Improvement of Thana for Responsive Image (MOITRI) is a project first started by the Government of Assam in 2016. The Assam Moitri scheme has become a model for the construction or reconstruction of police stations as all these are trying to promote the human face of the police stations. Men and women in khakis.
MOITRI has provided police stations with facilities like reception and waiting lounges, video-conference system, separate women and children cell, separate entry for them, toilets, adequate drinking water facility, boundary wall, even a crche. envisioned to change. There are around 340 police stations in Assam and all of them will be rebuilt in phases under the Moitri scheme, with the construction period fixed at 12 months for each.
Reconstruction of Police Stations under Assam Moitri Scheme
So far 55 police stations have been reconstructed under the Moitri scheme. Each police station has a cyber room and work centre, counseling rooms for drug addicts and adolescents and specially designed toilets for citizens with disabilities. Accommodation for police personnel – barracks and toilet facilities – is being separated from the station areas that are seen by the general public, as far as possible.
Renewable energy sources like solar power are being used in each police station which will also have running water, drainage, water harvesting and biodegradable toilets. A properly designed gate and boundary wall as well as parking area have been conceptualized and worked out in each police station specially for the confiscated vehicles. Each police station will have a proper landscaping with a plan for horticulture and floriculture, which is being implemented during construction.
Use of local material in Assam Moitri Yojana
Locally available materials, such as processed bamboo products, are being used wherever possible for both construction and furniture. A maintenance legacy is being worked on and a three-year arrangement for maintenance by the contractor – painting, minor repairs etc – is included in the contract.
As per the maintenance policy, materials requiring minimum maintenance are being identified and used, especially for cladding and flooring purposes. Strong or sturdy fittings have been used in toilets. The MOITRI scheme is a reorientation of policing in Assam by rebuilding and strengthening the relationship between police and citizens.
Assam Moitri Yojana means “Mission of Overall Improvement of Thana for Responsible Image”. Under this scheme government will cover 346 police stations in next 5 years. Also in the first phase, Govt. 73 police stations will be covered under this scheme. Assam CM has laid the foundation stone of this scheme at Dibrugarh Police Station. This scheme will provide faster services to the citizens through digitization.
Assam Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes in Assam:Assam Voter List / ID Card Download Apon Ghar YojanaAssam Atal Amrit Abhiyan
Salient Features of Assam Moitri Scheme
The important features and salient features of this Assam Moitri Yojana are as follows:-
- The mission of overall improvement of Thana for responsive image will focus on improving the physical conditions of various Police Stations.
- Subsequently, this scheme will enable citizens to easily avail services in their respective police stations through digitization.
- Under this scheme the government will have reception and waiting lounge facility, video-conference system, separate rooms and entrances for women and children, toilets, adequate drinking water and boundary wall, physical infrastructure, internet connectivity and basic equipment for cyber crime detection. Providing basic facilities like
- The primary focus is on making these police stations citizen friendly.
- Under this scheme, the government will cover a total of 346 police stations in the coming 5 years.
- Although in the first phase of its implementation, Govt. Will cover 73 police stations with a total outlay of Rs. 125 crores. Under this scheme the government will spend approx. Rupee. two crore in each police station
- Accordingly, Govt. Will convert all police stations into centers for public service delivery system. Moreover, this scheme will bridge the gap between the police and the general public.
Under the Moitri scheme, Govt. The police will categorize the stations into Metro, Town and Rural as these will be upgraded in 2 phases. In addition, police stations will become eco-friendly and these police stations will be decorated with trees. In addition, Govt. It will also provide training on soft-skills to police personnel to make them citizen friendly.