Government of Odisha Has launched Mukhyamantri Kalakar Sahayata Yojana (MMKSY) for artists. Subsequently, the artists will receive financial assistance of Rs. 1200 per month. Under this scheme, male artists aged minimum 50 years and women artists above minimum 40 years can get financial assistance under this scheme. The scheme will benefit around 50,000 artists from across the state.
MMKSY is essential for maintaining culture and heritage intact. Accordingly, the state government. The earlier age limit is 60 years for men and 50 years for women artists. Apart from this the assistance amount has been increased from Rs. 1000 to Rs. Also at 1200 hrs, the State Govt. Will now provide an allowance to 50,000 beneficiaries as compared to the earlier 4,000.
Government of Odisha Has entrusted the responsibility of identifying the beneficiaries to the District Cultural Councils. This council will select beneficiaries from all districts for MMKSY. Government of Odisha Has made an announcement and launched the scheme first on 15 January 2018.
Chief Minister Kalakar Sahayata Yojana (MMSKY) – Facilities
Important features and salient features of this Artist Allowance Scheme are as follows: –
- MMKSY Scheme Rs. 1200 hrs allowance to artists. Earlier, artist allowance amounted to Rs. 1000 hrs
- Subsequently, the State Govt. This allowance will be given to 50,000 artists in various districts of the state. Previously, the government was providing allowance to only 4000 artists.
- Accordingly, male artists between the ages of 50 and 40 will get this allowance. Previously, the age limit for male artists was 60 years and that of female was 50 years.
- Also under this new scheme for artists, the District Cultural Council will identify the beneficiaries. Previously, the cultural department was given the right to identify artists.
- In addition, MMKSY will facilitate the identification of artists from all districts.
This scheme is a historic step of the state government. For the welfare of artists. Artists form a very important part of society and help to keep the culture and our heritage intact.
Budget allocation for Chief Minister’s Welfare Assistance Scheme
The budget statement reads, “Rs. 135 crores to promote Odia language, culture and heritage, including Rs. 51 crores for the Chief Minister Kalakar Sahayata Yojana and Rs. 8 crores for protection, protection and protection
Monuments and sites that reflect the rich cultural heritage of our state. “